i'm not a fashionista, but i know what i like.

last night i tweeted (yes, i use twitter and i call it "tweeting") about a lovely marni handbag that i keep seeing ms. reese witherspoon toting around. simply put, i love it! it kinda reminds me of a larger, much more fancy version of the allison burns faithful bag from a few years back (which i loved!). but alas, i am not a hollywood celebrity nor a mainline socialite, so my hopes of getting such a bag will remain just that - hopes. i will admit i have a thing for accessories. shoes, handbags, bracelets, earrings...but what girl doesn't? one of my fashion mantras has always been to take the simple pieces you have (my closet consists mostly of denim, white, and black) and then decorate! but keep decorations minimal. a great pair of earrings needs nothing more than a simple bracelet and some killer shoes in a great color. a funky necklace just needs a little jacket and some high, high heels. keeping things simple, classic, and, most importantly, true to you is the key to looking fabulous!

i digress. back to my bag. through a little research, i discovered the same bag, in brown (ooo-la-la!), at 50% off!!! i kid you not. i can see me now walking the streets of philly this fall, latte in hand, scarf around my neck, with this lovely bag draped across my body. my birthday is in november kids! :)

archives